Simon Associés presents at Boao Forum for Asia Paris Conference
Following the "Belt Road Initiative" held in Beijing on 14 and 15 May 2017, which brought together heads of state and government from more than 28 states, the French State represented by Jean-Pierre Raffarin, is held in Paris on Friday, September 15th, a Sino-European summit on the project "A belt, a road" on the initiative of the BOAO Forum for Asia (Asian Davos) and the Prospective and Innovation Foundation chaired by Jean- Pierre Raffarin. Many Chinese and French personalities took part in this meeting and the debates that were rich.
Jean-Charles Simon was invited to participate in a debate on "Promoting Trade & Investment". Present at the round table were:
Victor FUNG, Honorary President, Li & Fung Limited; Chairman, Fung Group
- Justin KING, Vice-President, Terra Firma
- Jean-Charles SIMON, Manager, SIMON ASSOCIÉS
- Penelope NAAS, Vice-President, UPS International Public Affairs
- Guangshao TU, Chairman, China Investment Corporation (CIC)
- Jusuf WANADI, Researcher and Co-Founder, Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS)
- Xiaoqiang ZHANG, Executive Deputy Director, China Center for International Economic Exchanges (CCIEE)
A number of themes were discussed, including the effects of the Belt and Road Initiative on the investment flow between Asia and Europe, measures that could be taken to reduce investment barriers, and increasing investor safety, and strengthening trade between Europe and Asia.
At the end of the event, a delegation led by Jean-Pierre Raffarin was at the Elysee Palace for a meeting with President Macron. Jean-Charles Simon was present in this delegation.